Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Farewell, Dearest Hershey

Because I was recently diagnosed with acid reflux, I've had to alter my diet and cut out items--including spaghetti sauce and chocolate--that incur the acidy-wrath of stomachdom . I don't mind not being able to eat spaghetti sauce as much as chocolate, since chocolate is..well..chocolate! And who doesn't like chocolate? Yet interestingly enough, life without chocolate hasn't been all that bad, and I am now forced search out non-chocolatey alternatives. Hence, I have converted from chocolate ganache to vanilla buttercream, chocolate mochi to green tea mochi, and from brownies to blondies. (I don't know about Oreos yet, though. There's something about an Oreo that makes it an Oreo, and nothing--not even those "vanilla oreos", can take replace it.) I found a recipe for Butterscotch Blondies that I'm planning on trying this afternoon. If they turn out, I'll let you know.
...
Then again, if they don't turn out, you'll probably hear about it anyways. :-P

Happy Hobbes-ing/Montesquieu-ing!

-Pauline

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have the reflux too, eh? Luckily, mine's asthma caused and chocolate's still a go for me. I'll just be sure to enjoy enough for the both of us ;)

MK Reynolds said...

oh! How nasty! I'm sorry dear!
Mary Kate