Friday, October 31, 2008

Hurrah!

We survived the first quarter of school, friends! Faith of our Fathers combined with Shakespeare is definitely rigorous and leaves you feeling rather breathless--but breathless in a good way, if that makes any sense. I'm incredibly blessed to have an amazing tutor and wonderful peers, both in and out of class, who make me think harder than I ever have before. All of my classmates display an eagerness and willingness to learn that never ceases to both inspire and humble me. Thank you, dear classmates, for never allowing me to stop thinking or caring. (And thank you for putting up with me even when I'm being a pill.) 

I wonder if we continue learning even when we rest? (How very silly that sounds!) Even when we're not actively reading something or trying to formulate arguments and string sentences, maybe our mind continues to process and sort through all the different ideas and thoughts. I find that the "epiphany moments" come more often when I'm not actively looking for them. Perhaps resting and playing gives us time to absorb everything we've been taught. 
Hmm.

In light of all this, I think I'm going take a moment to catch my breath by spending the evening with non-school books, some scarps of fabric and a sewing machine, and Rachmaninov's  (or Rachmaninoff's) Vespers. 

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Gabriel said...

Your posts are like cool fall breezes when the leaves are yellow-redding and the trees are singing their yearly swan song. They make me happy. =D

Blarney said...

I agree with Gabriel whole-heartedly, however...

Cool fall breezes in Washington...well, they really are, cool/cold...*shiver* How about cool summer breezes? Those are positively lovely! :D

Either way, your posts are beautiful in simplicity!