Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Yesss!

After a whole year of squeaking through the first movement of Bruch's violin concerto, I finally had an "Ah-HA!" moment this afternoon and the piece came together for the very first time. I am not entirely sure what made it "come together", or what I mean by "come together", since I most certainly did not play it perfectly. Perhaps it was easier to play? Maybe I could concentrate less on trying to hit the notes and more on expressing them? While I was (miraculously) charging through the double stops, I kept thinking to myself: "This is Bruch! This is music! This makes me feel funny inside!"
...

And then I broke two bow-hairs.

:-P

It was very exciting.
All of it! (Bow-hair breakage included)
So that leaves me wondering: What does it mean to play music? What causes that moment of "Ah-HA!" ?

Hmmm.
And what is the Divine and Supernatural Light, eh?

1 comment:

Gabriel said...

That's Wonderful! I'm so happy it's finally clicking. =] That feeling is indeed a unique experience. I hope to hear it soon! =]